Going crazy trying to find foods that your kids will love? We’re here to help! You don’t have to lose your mind attempting to persuade them into a tooth-healthy diet. The first step toward beautiful, strong teeth is daily nutrition and low-sugar snacks. Get started with the list below!
Nutritional Foods Kids Will Love
- Sparkling water – If your kids are struggling to limit fruit juice, soda, or other sugary drinks, try introducing them to something else exciting but less sugary, like naturally-flavored seltzer water. They’ll appreciate the bubbles and the gentle flavoring, and won’t even miss all the sugar.
- Cheese – Studies show that cheese can actually help prevent cavities by strengthening enamel with its calcium and phosphorous content. Plus, it’s a simple and great snack!
- Salted nuts or seeds – Nuts and seeds are both nutritional and tasty, and easy for your kids to take on-the-go. They’re great for your teeth, as they contain phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, zinc and calcium.
- Yogurt – By neutralizing the acids present in the mouth after eating sugary or starchy foods, yogurt can help balance your mouth’s pH.
- Bite-sized raw vegetables – Pick vegetables that taste good and are easy to eat, with some fun crunch to boot (like carrots, bell peppers, snap peas, and celery).
- Non-citrus fruit – Citrus fruit can be so acidic that it wears away dental enamel, ultimately weakening teeth. Offer your kids apples, grapes, bananas, etc. – but limit oranges and grapefruit.
- Chocolate – That’s right, there’s actually some candy on this list! Chocolate is the best of the candy options for your teeth – it has antibacterial properties that could help combat plaque, plus dark chocolate contains antioxidants.
Looking for some more tips? Just get in touch with our office for more information.
Sacramento General Dentist | General Dentistry Sacramento | Sacramento General Dentists