Stressing over an impending procedure? You don’t have to face your oral surgery with trepidation. With the number of patient resources available, there are several ways to become better-informed, more comfortable, and ultimately calmer.
At Dynamic Dental, our patients’ comfort is our top priority, and we take great pains to ensure that they’re ready for treatment. With a combination of communication, research, and dental sedation, you’ll be prepared for the big day. Read on to learn more.
Learn More About Your Oral Surgery
The first step is to get yourself educated about the upcoming procedure. What are you facing? By learning more about the steps of the procedure, you will feel better once you’re in the dental chair. In this case, the unknown is far scarier than the reality of your procedure.
Below, we’ve detailed a few of the surgical procedures we offer, and link to pages with more information.
- Dental implant placement – Implants replace missing tooth roots. Once an implant has been embedded in your jaw, it will act as a stable foundation for any restoration you choose. Implants support both removable and fixed restorations, ranging from single crowns to full dentures. Because an implant sits in your jaw bone, the placement procedure is surgical. We will make a small incision at the gum line, and place the implant in your jaw bone. As time passes, the area will heal and the implant’s titanium will integrate with your osseous tissue. Drs. Andrade and Montalvo will provide you with detailed instructions for getting through the healing process successfully.
- Tooth extraction – It’s common to require a tooth extraction. Whether a tooth could cause potential problems, is infected, or has some other flaw, sometimes removing it entirely is the safest bet. Each extraction is different, based on the tooth’s location in the mouth and the details of your treatment plan. Typically, extraction requires that the tooth be gently loosened and removed from its socket. You may also need stitches to protect the area.
- Crown lengthening – If your tooth/gum balance is off, you’ll benefit from a removal of gum tissue. This will expose more of the tooth, and improve your smile. We will gently remove bands of tissue from the gum line to reshape your smile.
- Frenectomy – Bands of skin connecting the upper lip to the gums, or the tongue to the floor of the mouth, can be overly short, restricting tongue movement and speaking. By cutting those bands, a frenectomy allows for better freedom of movement.
- Root canal – When a tooth has become infected, a root canal removes its pulp and replaces it with dental cement. This allows the tooth to remain in place, and removes disease to stop discomfort and further problems.
Communicate with Your Oral Surgeon
We’re here to help! If you’re curious about an aspect of your procedure, are anxious, or have any questions about the healing process, Dynamic Dental’s team is at hand. Give us a call with any inquiries you have. In order to better serve the Sacramento community, we also speak Spanish.
Get Acquainted with Dental Sedation
It’s common to feel nervous about dental treatment. But you don’t have to continue to feel that way. With dental sedation, you can experience a pleasant procedure, and reshape your ideas about dentistry. We offer several different types of sedation and anesthesia to fulfill your needs. If you think sedation could be helpful during your procedure, simply let us know.
When our patients are happy, we’re happy. Contact us to start feeling better about your time in the dental chair.